lunes, 29 de septiembre de 2008

What about my blog?

Hello, I am Gaby. I am a student at UCSD. I have a major in Communications back in Mexico City (where I am originally from) and I've always been passionate about writing. I guess it's how I feel more comfortable, because it's inherent to me. It was very complicated to come up with a name for this blog. Because writing for me is an act of freedom. Limiting myself to write about a certain topic is discouraging. Mostly because I like to write about everything. Basically my impressions on what I read somewhere in the street, the thoughts that come to my mind when I read a book, the places I've been to, the music that is an authentic soundtrack of individual and collective lives and moments, what moves me, and what doesn't. But, I would like to share with you what I really think my passions are about. Music, art, fashion and expressions. That's what I think is representative and original among cultures, clear and particular units of meaning. So, music, art, fashion and expressions differentiate and represent us in a positive way or enforce stereotypes and prejudices in a negative way. I think that is fascinating. This is my personal opinion, not an absolut truth. I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you.

1 comentario:

Unknown dijo...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us, Gaby. We look forward to reading them!